- Star anise contains shikimic acid, a compound that is found in Tamiflu, a treatment for influenza, and thus the spice has been used to treat coughs and flu-like symptoms.
- Star anise is rich in antioxidants and vitamins A and C which help against diabetes and early signs of aging.
- It has also been shown to improve digestion, reducing bloating and gas, indigestion, and constipation.
- In recent years, microorganisms have developed multiple drug resistance and causes serious infections.
- There is a challenge for the scientists to develop new generation antibiotics which will be able to overcome the crisis.
- Star anise has a sedative property and may be helpful for people with sleep disorders.