Compounded Asafoetida – 10 gms
- Asafoetida (Ferula asafoetida) is the dried sap obtained from the roots of Ferula plants
- While it’s native to Afghanistan and Iraq, asafoetida is commonly used in Indian cuisine where it’s dried, ground into a spice, and referred to as hing
- No preservatives & Great Health Benefits
- often used as a Garlic/Onion substitute, also in dal (soups) to offset/help digest beans & lentils
- Strong Aroma! Asafetida has the strongest aroma of any spice.
Out of stock
- when cooked the aroma transforms, leaving behind a rich and pleasurable taste of onion and garlic.
- Non-GMO, Vegan, PREMIUM Gourmet Food Grade Spice.
- This article examines the benefits, downsides, and uses of asafoetida.
- In addition to adding a distinct flavor to dishes, asafoetida has been used in traditional medicine for centuries.
- However, when cooked, its flavor and smell become much more palatable and are often described as being similar to leeks, garlic, and even meat
||8 × 4 × 8 cm