Pure Honey / 460 g
- Honey long ago claimed the throne as the queen bee of the beauty world.
- Honey may be better than conventional treatments for coughs, blocked noses and sore throats, researchers have said. The substance is cheap, readily available, and has virtually no side-effects.
- Doctors can recommend it as a suitable alternative to antibiotics, which are often prescribed for such infections, even though they are not effective, scientists from the University of Oxford said.
- “Honey is more effective and less harmful than usual care alternatives and avoids causing harm through antimicrobial resistance.”
- They conclude: “Honey is a frequently used lay remedy that is well known to patients. It is also cheap, easy to access, and has limited harms. When clinicians wish to prescribe for URTI, we would recommend honey as an alternative to antibiotics.