- An authentic recipe for Sri Lankan curry powder that can be used in a variety of curries and dishes.
- Roasting the spices first creates a lovely deep flavour that you can’t help but love.
- This recipe is my version of the roasted Sri Lankan curry powder made by my friend’s girlfriend, Shem.
- As far as I know she’s lived in the UK all or most of her life but her parents are from Sri Lanka and this is her dad’s recipe.
- These spices are roasted first – or dry toasted in a pan – and then ground together.
- Most recipes have extra cumin powder and turmeric added as well as the curry powder.