- It helps clean out the urinary tract, bladder, and kidneys, removing waste, salt, excess water, toxins, and combating infections too.
- Cardamom prevents dangerous blood clots by preventing platelet aggregation and the sticking to the artery walls.
- As a diuretic and fiber rich spice, cardamom significantly lowers blood pressure.
- Animal studies are showing promise that cardamom protects against, inhibits growth, and even kills some cancers.
- This pungent spice may help prevent and relieve cold and flu symptoms. It’s also used for bronchitis and coughs.
- Traditional medicine lists cardamom as a powerful aphrodisiac that can help with erectile dysfunction and impotence.
- Cardamom is an anti-spasmodic that can help get rid of hiccups. This also applies to other involuntary muscle spasms, like stomach and intestinal cramps.
- It’s well worth adding cardamom to your food for the flavor alone, but these health benefits are also something to consider whenever you break out the spices.