- Features repositionable Adhesive 1070 on the liner side
- Linerless design helps simplify manual or automatic dispensing
- Excellent for temporary mounting of lightweight materials
- 1.4 mil UPVC film carrier allows one-piece tape removal from many surfaces
- Performs in temperatures as low as -60°F/-51°C and as high as 125°F/52°C
- Complete plastic construction is hot wire cuttable for foam and plastic packaging
3M™ Removable Repositionable Tape 665 is a linerless double coated tape designed for applications requiring light duty bonding. It features differential acrylic adhesives applied to a clear, 1.4 mil UPVC film carrier that resists chemicals and temperatures. This material also provides outstanding adhesive anchorage, and allows for specialized processing such as hot wire cutting.
Versatility for On-Off and Open-Close Applications
Unlike many differential removable/repositionable tapes, 3M™ Removable Repositionable Tape 665 features a permanent medium tack 3M™ Acrylic Adhesive 400 on the face side and 3M™ Repositionable Acrylic Adhesive 1070 on the liner side. Adhesive 400 has good temperature performance and peel strength and is ideal for bonding together a wide variety of similar and dissimilar materials such as metals, glass, wood, papers, paints, and many plastics. Adhesive 1070 holds well to many surfaces and provides clean removal without adhesive residue or delamination.
The UPVC film carrier improves the handling and strength of the tape and provides dimensional stability. Together with a low density polyethylene liner, this all-plastic tape construction is excellent for die cutting and laminating, as well as the ability to hot wire cutting.
Simple Yet Durable Design for Efficient Processing and Use
3M™ Removable Repositionable Tape 665 has no liner, which makes it simple and efficient for manual and automatic dispensing. The UPVC film carrier provides a solid anchor for the adhesives, allowing for clean, efficient one-piece tape removal from many surfaces.
The film carrier also adds dimensional stability and improves tape handling for efficient die cutting and laminating. Its complete plastic construction makes it suitable for specialized processes such as hot wire cutting for foam and plastic packaging applications.
- Reclosable bags or envelopes
- Core starting and end tabbing of papers, foils and films
- Removable stickers and labels
- Point of purchase displays
- Mounting promotional items
- Removable/changeable advertisements
- Temporary hold for protective packaging material, such as foam or cardboard, used during shipment of manufactured goods
- Temporary repositioning of foam gaskets
About Our Acrylic Adhesives 400 and 1070
3M™ Acrylic Adhesive 400 is a medium-firm pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive system. It features an excellent balance of initial adhesion (quick stick) and shear strength for a consistent medium-level bond. It has been tested for performance in temperatures up to 250°F/121°C and for outstanding peel strength on many surfaces.
Our 3M™ Repositionable Acrylic Adhesive 1070 is a medium tack adhesive used on the liner side to provide an ultimate bond while still allowing for repositionability. It allows for clean removal from many oils, films and other surfaces without leaving adhesive residue.
Bringing Better Ideas to the Surface Through Science
In our 3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division, we apply the science of adhesion to deliver innovative solutions that improve the design and manufacturing processes of companies around the world. In the end, our technologies help customers like you deliver competitive products to the market faster and more efficiently.